Who are CIGRE members ?
End of 2010, worldwide CIGRE membership was:
- 1137 Collective Members
- 6360 Individual Members (out of which 827 young members)
CIGRE counts members in almost 90 countries; countries with a minimum of 40 equivalent members set up National Committees (NCs). NCs act as a relay for the local members and promote the activities of CIGRE.
A number of countries in the same geographical area can also form a CIGRE Region with a view to address more efficiently local issues.
CIGRE includes 4 categories of members :
- Individual members I are individuals involved in the Industry (engineers, managers, researchers, professors, etc.).
- Indvidual members II (Young members), aged under 35, only pay half the fee for their first 2 years of membership
- Collective members I consist of public or private companies, of industrial and/or commercial character, scientific and technical organisations, research Institutes, administrative bodies, etc.
- Collective members II consist of universities and other educational bodies,...